Saturday, August 25, 2018 – Barron Lake Triathlon – Niles, MI
Supporting Michiana’s challenged athletes in memory of Steve (Steve-O) Smith. Please see the Barron Lake Triathlon website for registration and sponsorship opportunities. Steve-O’s vision and our mission for this foundation is to help Michiana children have opportunities to be involved in sports and athletics regardless of physical, mental and financial barriers.
- $600 Prize Purse
- Long Sprint Triathlon
- Short Sprint Triathlon
- Kids Triathlon – 25-yard swim, 1.5-mile bike ride, 0.5-mile run
Friday August 24, 2018
- 4:00 pm – Packet Pick-up/Onsite Registration Starts (All races)
- 5:00 pm – Beginners Clinic Starts
- 7:00 pm – Beginners Clinic Ends
- 7:00 pm – Onsite – Packet Pick-up/e Registration Ends (All races))
Saturday August 25, 2018
- 6:00 am – Packet Pick-up Starts (All races)
- 7:30 am – Triathlon Packet Pick-up/Onsite Registration Ends
- 7:45 am – Transition Area Closed to Triathletes
- 7:50 am – Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting for Triathletes
- 8:00 am – First wave Long Sprint Starts (3 minutes between waves)
- 8:00 am – Kids Tri Onsite registration ends
- 8:20 am – First wave Short Sprint Starts (3 minutes between waves)
- 8:30 am – Kids Tri Check-in ends
- 9:30 am – Pre-Race Meeting for Kids Tri
- 10:00 am – Kids Tri Starts
- 10:30 am – Awards Ceremony (following Kids Tri)
2 or 3-person Team Relay for each. Sponsors: Howard Township Fire Department, Niles, Michigan
Register: Barron Lake Triathlon
Saturday, October 6, 2018 – Sandhill Crane All-trail Half Marathon – Vandalia, MI
11th ANNUAL!! A GREAT PURE MICHIGAN ALL TRAIL COURSE!
RUN OR SPORT WALK A FANTASTIC COURSE!
The Friends Of Cass County Parks (a 501c3) is the Race Organizer this year with Coach Ron Gunn continuing as Race Director for this non-repeat, all trail course. Located in the 820 acre Dr. T. K. Lawless County Park it is a hidden gem in the beautiful southwest Michigan. This natural scenic odyssey of forest and field includes 6 charming bridge crossings, lots of streams and small lakes, and, of course, some hills (aka, “vertical visual breaks“). Sandhill Cranes do frequent this bucolic area, adding charm to the course – take it as a good omen if you see one during your race.
Location: Dr. T.K. Lawless Park – 15122 Monkey Run St, Jones, MI 49061 – Directions
- 7:45 AM to race start Event Packet Pickup
- 7:45 AM to 15 min. prior to race start Registration
- CORRAL START (like the DIPSEA Race)
- 9:00 AM ½ Marathon
- 9:30 AM 10k Run & Walk
- 10:00 AM 5k Run & Walk
- 10:05 AM 1k Kids Fun Run (free)
Register: Sandhill Crane All-trail Run
Saturday, July 14, 2018 – Sister Lakes Triathlon & Relay – Dowagiac, MI
Athletes from across the Midwest will take in this area’s natural beauty on Saturday, July 14, as they compete in the Sister Lakes Triathlon & Relay. Participants swim Round Lake, bike the smooth and rolling terrain of country roads, and run a course that takes them around Big Crooked and Dewey Lakes, and many of the residential areas of this summertime Mecca. The two transitional event, which features both Olympic and Sprint distances, begins at 8 am On-site registration takes place at Sister Lakes Lions Clubhouse, where post-race festivities are held. See website for registration and additional information. ThreeDisciplines/SisterLakesMichigan
- Olympic Triathlon – 1000m swim, 25 mi bike, 6.35mi run
- Sprint Triathlon – 500m swim, 13mi bike, 5k run
- Olympic Aquabike- 1000m swim, 25 mi bike
- Sprint Aquabike – 500m swim, 13 mi bike
Saturday, July 21, 2018 – Run Eddie Run 5K – Edwardsburg, MI
The cutoff for pre-ordering race shirts has passed, but they will be available on a first come basis on race day.
Join us for the Run Eddie Run 5k, Edwardsburg’s only 5k race, on Saturday, July 21.
PACKET PICKUP INFO: Packet Pickup will be available on Friday, July 20 from 5 to 7 pm at the Edwardsburg High School track/football field concession stand, located behind the High School on Section Street in Edwardsburg. Packets can also be picked up the morning of the race beginning at 7 am
Back on track: The course will start and end at Leo Hoffman Field, home of the Edwardsburg Eddies, and take runners around the village of Edwardsburg. Parking is available in front of the high school, middle school, and in the student parking lot South of the high school. Age group awards presentations will immediately follow the race.
Proceeds from the Run Eddie Run 5k will benefit the Edwardsburg Public Schools Foundation and the Edwardsburg Fire Auxiliary. The Edwardsburg Public Schools Foundation provides scholarships to graduating seniors and teacher grants for special projects and field trips. The Edwardsburg Fire Auxiliary supports the volunteer firefighters of the Edwardsburg Fire Department both on fire scenes and through fundraising efforts.
The 5k race starts at 8 am (Warm up starting at 7 am)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding our event.
- Brought to you by the Edwardsburg Fire Auxiliary and the Edwardsburg Public Schools Foundation.
- Edwardsburg Public Schools Foundation
- Edwardsburg Fire Auxillary
Location: 69358 Section Street, Leo Hoffman Field (behind Edwardsburg HS), Edwardsburg, MI US 49112 – Directions
Saturday, July 21, 2018 – Diamond Lake Triathlon – Cassopolis, MI
Benefitting Alex Stscherban, a local triathlete, who suffered a cardiac arrest after completing a triathlon. Money raised will be used to help with his medical bills during his recovery. This event is graciously hosted by Park Shore Marina, located on beautiful Diamond Lake, in Cassopolis, Michigan.
Diamond Lake Triathlon will feature a Sprint Individual Triathlon and a Sprint Team Relay Triathlon. The race starts with a 500-yard swim on beautiful Diamond Lake followed by a 12-mile bike and a 3.3-mile run.
Location: Park Shore Marina – 22230 Maple St, Cassopolis, MI 49031 – Directions
Friday, July 20, 2018 – 4 pm – 7 pm – Registration and Packet pick up
Saturday, July 21, 2018 – 6 am – 7 am – Registration and Packet pick up
Register: Diamond Lake Triathlon
Saturday, July 28, 2018 – Steve’s Run – Southwestern Michigan College’s Dowagiac Campus
Steve’s Run is a Southwestern Michigan College tradition held in honor of Steven Briegel, the son of former SMC President David Briegel, who died of cancer at the age of 22.
The Original Road and Trail Race will be held on Southwestern Michigan College’s Dowagiac campus, beginning and ending at the building named for Steve’s father, the David C. Briegel Building.
The 10K course will consist of running through the golf course, cemetery and college campus on paved roads and wooded trails. The 5K Run/Walk will consist of running or walking through the college campus on wooded trails and paved roads.
- The 1 Mile Fun Run routes will be entirely on paved roads.
- Both 10K and 5K courses have been certified by USA Track and Field.
Location: Southwestern Michigan College – 58900 Cherry Grove Rd, Dowagiac, MI 49047 – Directions
Early Bird Registration – March 7 – 18, 2018
Regular Registration – March 19 – July 26, 2018
Late Registration – Friday, July 27 and Saturday, July 28, 2018 (Race Day)
Packet Pickup – Friday, July 27, 5 – 6:30 pm, Saturday, July 28, 7:30 – 8:30 am, at the Student Activity Center (Charles O. Zollar Building)
Register: Steve’s Run
Saturday, August 4, 2018 – Eagle Lake Triathlon & Kids Triathlon – Edwardsburg, MI
- Long Sprint Triathlon – race starts with an 800-yard swim on beautiful Eagle Lake, followed by an 18-mile bike and a 5.3 mile run around the lake.
- Short Sprint Triathlon – race starts with a 200-yard swim on beautiful Eagle Lake followed by a 6.9-mile bike and a 1.4-mile run.
- Kids Triathlon. The race starts with a 25-yard swim on beautiful Eagle Lake followed by a .75 mile bike and a .5 mile run.
Location: 68777 Avenue A, Edwardsburg, MI US 49112 – Directions
Friday, August 3, 2018 – 4 pm – 7 pm – Registration and Packet pick up
Saturday, August 4, 2018 – 6 am – 7 am – Registration and Packet pick up
Register: Eagle Lake Triathlon